LAKE COUNTY INDIANA NURSING HOME ATTORNEYS
Nursing Home Lawyers Serving Northwest Indiana
Placing a loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility is a hard decision for a family to make. You want to be there for your loved one, but know that they need help. A nursing home is supposed to protect your loved one and attend to your loved one’s needs. You expect that your loved one will be safe and comfortable.
Unfortunately, far too many nursing homes and their workers fail each day. Every day, our elderly friends and family are being abused, neglected. This neglect and negligence can be physical, emotional, or financial. Because our loved ones are often times weak and often times cannot fend for themselves, these failures go unspoken and undetected.
SOME TYPES OF NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
Nursing home neglect and negligence takes on many forms. Common issues include neglecting the patient’s personal hygiene, failing to provide basic needs such as nourishment or a clean environment, medical neglect such as medication errors, failure to supervise, and emotional neglect which leaves residents lonely and depressed.
Some examples of nursing home abuse or neglect include:
- Allowing patients to wander away
- Failure to answer call lights
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Failure to interact with clients to meet emotional needs
- Failure to move the patient resulting in bed sores
- Failure to prevent theft of the resident’s money or property
- Failure to protect residents from other residents.
- Failure to provide for appropriate medical care
- Failure to provide proper nutrition and hydration
- Failure to take reasonable precautions to prevent falls
- Over-medication or failure to give medication
Some caregivers intentionally harm our loved ones.
- Emotional Abuse
- Financial Exploitation
- Physical abuse
- Sexual Abuse
If your loved one has been harmed through nursing home abuse or neglect, you should contact a Nursing Home Attorney. A lawsuit can hold the healthcare providers accountable and get the compensation your loved one deserves. The skilled and compassionate attorneys at the Law Offices of Moseley & Martinez, LL will work tirelessly to discover the truth and hold wrongdoers responsible.
We help victims and families with these nursing home claims:
- Clogged Breathing Tubes
- Elder abuse
- Financial Exploitation
- Improper Use of Restraints
- Medication / Prescription Errors
- Physical / Chemical Restraints
- Physical / Sexual Assault or Abuse
- Pressure Ulcers
- Verbal Abuse
- Wrongful Death
CONTACT A NURSING HOME ATTORNEY FOR HELP
For help, contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation. We serve clients in Northern Indiana and the surrounding towns, areas, and counties. We offer a high level of personal service, attorneys at our law firm are accessible and available by phone or email. After-hours and weekend appointments are available.
Offices of Moseley & Martinez, LLC
8002 Utah St. Merrillville, IN 46410
South Bend Office:
115 N William St. - Suite 101 South Bend, IN 46601